PROJECT - BLACK AND WHITE TO COLOR

black and white to color

I used a photo of me and my boyfriend, Gavyn, to recolor. I picked this photo because, in the original assignment about Platon's photography, we were to pick a photo where we are connecting with the world and others around us. in this photo, me and Gavyn had gone camping with his family in texas, and so i feel that we were very connected to each other and the nature around us. i love this photo because of the happiness on our faces. 

i selected three color palettes i enjoy - complementary based off of blue, analogous based off of purple, and triad based off of red. i picked these palettes using color.adobe.com, going through each palette and messing with colors until i found three i enjoyed. for recoloring the photos, i put the original into greyscale and selected sections and created masks with the first palette. for the next two palettes, i used the color replacement brush to go over each color mask and saved them. i think photoshop and i had some issues with me and Gavyn's curly hair, so the shapes are a little vague but i think it gets the point across well enough. 

Comments

  1. Your whole page is easy to navigate and is very aesthetic. I like how all the posts follow the same vibe also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts